There are times when you might want to copy and paste the CSV formatted text directly in to Excel 2016 and format it without actually using a temporary file. You can do that by following the below steps.
How to Paste CSV Formatted Data in Excel 2016 ?
1. Copy the CSV Formatted text to clipboard.
2. Launch Microsoft Excel 2016 and paste the text to a column.
3. Select the column and navigate to Data Ribbon menu and click the "Text to Columns" button.
4. Select “Delimited” from the “Convert Text to Columns Wizard” and click Next.
5. Select the Delimiter that is applicable for the coped CSV file and click Next button . In this case , i selected “Semicolon”.
6. Select the format of each of the columns as shown and select the Destination row where the values should be inserted.
7. Click Finish button . Immediately , you should see the results displayed.